I am a theoretical physicist with a focus on quantum information, solid state physics, and non-equilibrium dynamics. Particularly, the engineered and controlled interaction between light and matter and it’s application to advance quantum technology fascinate me. Contact me per email firstname.lastname@example.org or on matrix @benedikt:tissot.de.
- 2020 - present: PhD in Physics at the University of Konstanz
- 2017 - 2019: MSc in Physics at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg and Max-Planck Institute for the Science of Light
- 2014 - 2017: BSc in Physics at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- 2014: Abitur (A levels) at Gymnasium Eckental
- 2023-10-30: B. Tissot, P. Udvarhelyi, A. Gali, and G. Burkard, Strain Engineering for Transition Metal Defects in SiC, arXiv:2310.19719.
- 2023-10-23: B. Tissot, H. Ribeiro, and F. Marquardt, Reservoir Engineering for Classical Nonlinear Fields, arXiv:2310.14854.
- 2023-05-02: P. Cilibrizzi, M. J. Arshad, B. Tissot, N. T. Son, I. G. Ivanov, T. Astner, P. Koller, M. Ghezellou, J. Ul-Hassan, D. White, C. Bekker, G. Burkard, M. Trupke, and C. Bonato, Ultra-narrow inhomogeneous spectral distribution of telecom-wavelength vanadium centres in isotopically-enriched silicon carbide, arXiv:2305.01757.
- 2022-12-21: B. Tissot and G. Burkard, Efficient High-Fidelity Flying Qubit Shaping, arXiv:2212.11202.
- 2022-08-08: B. Tissot, Michael Trupke, Philipp Koller, Thomas Astner, and G. Burkard, Nuclear Spin Quantum Memory in Silicon Carbide, Phys. Rev. Research 4, 033107 (2022).
- 2021-08-05: B. Tissot and G. Burkard, Hyperfine Structure of Transition Metal Defects in SiC, Phys. Rev. B 104,064102 (2021).
- 2021-01-21: B. Tissot and G. Burkard, Spin structure and Resonant Driving of Spin-1/2 Defects in SiC, Phys. Rev. B 103,064106 (2021). [Editor’s Suggestion]
Talks, Posters, and Conferences
- 2023-10: 11th Bonn Humboldt Award Winners’ Forum, Bonn, Germany (poster)
- 2023-06: NCCR SPIN Annual Meeting 2023, Pontresina, Switzerland (poster)
- 2023-05: 3rd Workshop on Waveguide QED, Erice, Italy (poster)
- 2023-03: DPG-Tagung der Sektion Aome, Moleküle, Quantenoptik und Plasmen, Hannover, Germany (contributed talk)
- 2023-03: APS March Meeting, online (contributed talk)
- 2022-09: DPG-Tagung der Sektion Kondensierte Materie, Regensburg, Germany (contributed talk)
- 2022-06: CECAM Flagship Workshop: Defects in solids for quantum technologies, Stockholm, Sweden (contributed talk)
- 2022-03: APS March Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA (contributed talk)
- 2021-12: 2nd European Quantum Technologies Conference, online (poster)
- 2021-09: 84. Jahrestagung der DPG und DPG-Tagung der Sektion Kondensierte Materie, online (contributed talk)
- 2021-09: DPG-Tagung der Sektion Atome, Moleküle, Quantenoptik und Plasmen, online (contributed talk)
- 2021-09: 3rd International Conference on Hyperfine Interactions and their Applications, online (contributed talk)
- 2021-08: 718. WE-Heraeus-Seminar: Optically Addressable Spin Qubits for Quantum Networks and Quantum Computing, online (poster)
- 2021-03: APS March Meeting, online (contributed talk)
- 2020 - present: PhD in Physics with Guido Burkard on transition metal defects in SiC.
- 2018 - 2019: Master thesis research with Florian Marquardt and Hugo Ribeiro on bath engineering for non-linear systems in the semi-classical domain.
- 2022-2023: Supervision of Master Thesis (“Cavity-Assisted Entanglement Generation between Spins and Photon Pulses” by F. Omlor)
- 2021: Supervision of Bachelor Thesis (“Spin 1/2 Defect Centers in SiC with Tetrahedral Symmetry” by F. Omlor)
- 2020-present: Teaching assistant for different courses at the University of Konstanz on theoretical physics (e.g. Classical Mechanics, Computational Physics, (Advanced) Quantum Mechanics, and Quantum Computation)
- 2018-2019: Teaching assistant for different courses at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität of theoretical physics (e.g. Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, and Electrodynamics)
- August 2016: Intego GmbH (building custom inspection systems), numerical simulation of a multi layer system’s heat conduction
Skills and Knowledge
- German: Native Speaker
- English: Full professional proficiency
- My GitHub Profile: https://github.com/benneti
- Julia: Main language I use for my numerical and symbolic calculations in research projects
- Python: Numerical simulations, automation, and more
- BASH, ELISP, Nix: Automation, system configuration, and glueing it all together
- Quantum computing and (time-domain) quantum optics
- Open quantum systems
- (Lindblad) Master equations
- Time-convolutionless projection operator method
- Input-output theory
- Solid state physics
- Group theory, Wigner-Eckart theorem
- Defects in solids
- Cavity quantum electrodynamics
- Approximation methods:
- Schrieffer-Wolff transform
- Adiabadic elimination
- High-frequency expansion
- Raman passage
- Coherent population trapping
- Sweet spots or zero first-order Zeeman transitions
- Limit cycles
- Reservoir engineering